Saturday, July 5, 2008

Work and Stuff

So I recently got a job at Wells Fargo as a Teller... And at a security company (not as a sales rep.) as a customer service rep. I really like both of these jobs, but they just don't seem to pay that much. I decided to look into getting another job and got an offer to work through an outsourced telephone service company called Teleperformance. The project that I would be working on would be the Dell project. I would be working as a technical support agent. I have applied to work there before, but they are really restrictive and that encouraged me to not work for them. This time around, I felt that they were very unprofessional in their hiring process and even though I was a really good choice for an applicant, they hired the other people that came in before me as well. (Which, to my understanding, was not the best move, but I guess they are desperate...)

Reasons why Teleperformance is desperate:

1. They have trouble finding people who can pass the A+ Certification test.
2. They don't have a very good HR department.
3. They can't hold up their end of their contracts with Dell.
4. Pretty lousy company as far as infrastructure goes.
5. This list wouldn't be the same without a number 5.

I could probably go on and on, but I won't... I just think someone could do a better job as an outsourced telephone company. I have worked for a company inside and I think someone can create the same atmosphere for insourced as outsourced...

No comments: